Thursday, October 3, 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019

If you've been around the writing community for any amount of time, you will have heard of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). It is a challenge where you start and finish a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. I have never done an official NaNoWriMo. One year, I set the goal to write every day. I succeeded, but one day I only wrote two words! Another year, I set the goal of writing 500 words a day (which was quite a bit more than my usual daily output). I never thought I'd be able to write the 1667 words a day that is needed to make the goal of 50,000 in a month. But then I participated in the Author Olympics and wrote that range of words per day several times. My oldest daughter is in the writing club at her high school and they were talking about doing NaNoWriMo. I saw that they have a Young Writers Program where kids under the age of 18 can set their own goals. Thing One is going to aim for 15,000 words and Thing Two said she thought she could do 1,000 words a day. I decided to take the plunge and signed up for the official NaNoWriMo.


No comments: